Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Forty-Seventh Invitation





Be Fierce in Goodness


There is an overwhelming amount of brutal information that our psyches are swallowing daily — and not able to digest — before more comes the next day, if we are lucky. We can’t keep up with the bad news, impacting our nervous systems every day as we grovel from one trauma to the next.

It is the first time in my thirty-year career as a psychotherapist that clients are consistently dealing with what is happening politically and environmentally as their own personal issues and priority.  The impact is so great and traumatic that there is no longer a distinction between “out there” and “within.” I am seeing expressions of fear, rage, deep grief and feelings of despair and powerlessness regarding  climate change, repealing of human rights, medical issues and insurance and the rapid extinction of wildlife in seas and land.

I witness people searching for meaningful actions to take in order to make a difference.  Action is the antidote to victim consciousness. The “Goodness Breath” technique is an action that we can do any time, day and night. We don’t have to be any particular place or with specific groups of people to breathe and fill with goodness and send it out to others. This spiritual practice helps us stay in touch with our goodness as we move through despair into action with a vehement intention to not forget who we are. By remembering to practice the goodness breath, we can succeed in  transforming our reactivity and shortening our “visits” into despair. As soon as we can remember, we shift our attention to the goodness breath, which is, by its very nature, a positive action. When we practice the goodness breath, we are saying “YES” to its invitation to believe in the power of energy.



The goodness breath tool is simply:
~ Intentionally inhale and fill with  goodness from within.
~ Pause and “savor” (meaning, be conscious of this goodness),
~ Fiercely channel it out as a force of light into our world.


In response to the darkness, the Fierce Voice of Goodness addresses the unfettered Shadow and declares:
I will not identify with you.
I will not match you in darkness.
I will not lower my vibration to match yours.  
I will not let you fool me into believing that humans are this bad.
I will not allow myself to hate you as much as you appear to hate others.
I will not give up my power by allowing hate to take me over. 
I will courageously stare you in your face -- a human face just like mine.
I will witness you as you do actions that hurt others and our earth. 
In response, I may cry and scream and rage and fall to my knees and pound the earth.
But I refuse to identify with you.
No! I will not forget who I am  


I stand steady and strong.  
I am goodness, more powerful than the shadows you cast.
I am endless acts of kindness and service.
I am goodness and goodness is light, stronger than darkness.
It can not remain dark when the light  shines.


You are vapor. You will come and go. You will not rule me.  


In the face of you, I will not forget who I am.
“When you go low, we go high”  — and unify!


This is the battle cry for our inner warriors so we remain in touch with human goodness.  


For more information on The Goodness Breath Project:

No comments:

Post a Comment