Search This Blog

Friday, April 14, 2017

Thirty-Seventh Invitation



Healing Heart Communications, Inc.

                                 www.devajoy.net

Gathering in Community
Our Circle Expands!


As I recover from a robotic laparoscopic hysterectomy and I am finally moving through the gastrointestinal challenges that were quite involved in the aftermath, I am at a place to celebrate being cancer-free!  I reflect on these last two months that have involved a flu that felt like it almost took me out, a cancer diagnosis, a hysterectomy and a stomach virus and gas that felt like my colon was spasming and twisting one hundred and eighty degrees... and all I could say was, "Who knew my sexy sixty would include so many farts and burps?!"
 
But even as I sigh with relief that I do not need any more treatments, I am aware of my dear dear friend recently diagnosed with lung cancer and my dear former client struggling with throat cancer and all the other zillions of lives struggling with health issues...
 
I am so grateful Obamacare is still accessible and I am so grateful for the love of life that is so strong within my friends, clients and within me.  
 
My friend who embarks on his first treatments today, radiation, and tomorrow, six hours of chemo, has been gearing up for the fight of a lifetime. He is working out 70 minutes a day, eating healthy and repeating his mantra -- "GTFO!"  (Get The Fuck Out!  And Stay Out!). We even have T-shirts and bracelets that say GTFO!  
 
Coz damn it, we mean it!
 
A lot of challenges happen in a lifetime and life can be hard -- but what I notice is -- bottom line, most of us like it here and we don't want to not be here.  
 

One of my clients was telling me about her one-year old son, and her tale inspired this sharing!  As she told me this story I am about to tell you, I exclaimed, "This is my next newsletter!"  Because... I was so moved!  So reminded!  So refreshed!
She described her one-year old son, "During his first year, we had him sleep between us.  It was so wonderful.  I would watch him wake up and the first thing he would do is put his hands out before him, spread his fingers, and stare at his hands in awe!  It appeared that he was amazed every morning that he has a body and hands and he was delighted!"
She went on to say, "Now he sleeps in his crib.  I can't wait to go to him in the morning.  The first thing he does is look around and exclaim, 'Wow! Wow, wow, wow!'"  He is in awe and finds wonder in everything he sees!  He "wows" because he is alive and everything that is around him and in his company, from animate to the inanimate, is absolutely amazing to him!

How delicious, right?!  It was a must to share with you -- in hopes that you too, will look at your hands and be in awe!  And exclaim, "Wow!!!"


As we fight for our lives when we need to, let's shout "GTFO!" to any and all thieves that might take away our aliveness!

Love,
DevaJoy







2 comments:

  1. Deva, that is such a beautiful story thanks for sharing it. As we age & our body ages, I feel a bit like that 1 year old. I wake every morning & take an inventory of my body parts. Are they working today? Why does this one hurt or wow it feels great today. I love being here & hope to be here a while. As I move through my current journey with lung cancer, I marvel at how well my body is reacting to radiation & chemo. I recite in my head many times daily GTFO!!!! I think it's working, I think it's getting the message. Thanks for all the love & support. I feel it daily. I love you.

    ReplyDelete